Village Aid are looking for a volunteer ‘Events and Administration Assistant’ to join our team. Based in Bakewell committed to Africa, Village Aid is the Peak District’s international development charity. From rural England to rural Africa, Village Aid believes in people working together in partnership.
With ambitious plans for 2016 we are looking for a volunteer to support our office with administration over the busy summer months. The volunteer will be required to join our small close-knit team to provide key administrative support with supporter care, events and fundraising. This will be an excellent opportunity for somebody with an interest in international development to join a successful organisation and gain an understanding of the sector whilst making a real difference to disadvantaged communities in Africa.
• Processing incoming mail, administrating supporter care and dealing with enquiries over the phone, email and post.
• Contributing to the delivery of campaign materials and appeals to a variety of audiences with full support from the Village Aid team.
• Creating engaging content for our social media channels with support from our experienced communications team.
• Helping to organise various supporter meetings and events
• Play a key role in supporting the team with our anniversary event at Chatsworth House including marketing and administration (further details will be shared at interview)
• Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a team.
• Strong administration skills with clear evidence of this.
• Excellent attention to detail when undertaking tasks.
• Able to use initiative for problem solving.
• Good customer relations skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Confident using various IT packages.
• Sympathetic to the aims and values of Village Aid
Ideally, we are looking for somebody who can commit to between two and three days per week over a 3 month period but this can be flexible for the right candidate.
Please note: In 2015, Village Aid merged with Concern Universal. Village Aid continues to be an independently registered charity but in this role you may occasionally be asked to support the work of the wider organisation.
Those interested in this role are invited to apply by completing an application form (download here) and returning it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteers will be reimbursed for reasonable travel expenses and reasonable expenses incurred while representing Village Aid. Claims must be made in arrears, with documentary evidence as required e.g. tickets, receipts. Volunteers shall receive no salary, fees or other payment for their work with Village Aid.